POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Dec 2007 06:23:00
Message: <47626794@news.povray.org>
Tom Galvin wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>

>> MySQL isn't transactional = I'm not really interested.
>>

> What is it, you are trying to do?  In English please, not feature babble.

"Transactional" is a very basic functionallity for any product claiming
to be a "database".

Basically it's very difficult to design a system such that multiple
users can access the data at once, and yet not screw it up. This hard
problem is one of the many things a database is supposed to solve. So a
database that fails to solve this problem doesn't really interest me
very much.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/